We’re pleased to announce that Snipe-IT v4.5.0 is out! This release introduces some smaller features and includes some bugfixes and UI improvements.
Check out the release notes to see what’s new.
New in v4.5.0
IMPORTANT: This will be one of the final releases of Snipe-IT that will work with PHP5. Future versions of Snipe-IT will require PHP 7.1.3 or greater. Please start upgrading your versions of PHP to 7.1.3 to prepare for the next release. There may be a few small bug fix releases before Snipe-IT v5, but you should start preparing now.
- Use custom header color in emails
- Added notes field to acessories and consumable checkout pages
- Added created_at to file upload UI, added header/footer to files modals
- Added #5354 – adds dd/mm/yyyy to localization
- Added Ubuntu Bionic Beaver 18.04 support (#5687)
- Make version footer configurable. (#5730)
- Set composer timeout to 3000 – this should resolve issues with downloading psyh/psyh on slow connections
- Added textarea as a custom field type
- Added logo class for logo override in custom CSS on login page
- Added method to get info on the current user of the API (#5722)
- Added #5751 – added option for unique constraint on serial
- Added last name to expected checkin notification
- Force default storage engine (this should fix weird indexing issues on versions of mysql that inexplicably still have MyISAM set as the default storage engine type)
- Fixed #5617 – incorrect url to fieldset editing
- Fixed #5616 – removed duplicate call to ekkoLightbox on asset view
- Fixed oauth issue in Docker
- Fixed #5172 – autosum on assets detail view for components tab
- Fixed #5693 – don’t truncate license key
- Fixed inconsistent or incorrect comment labels
- Fixed the alignment of a couple navbar icons (#5764)
- Fixed broken pagination on status labels API
- Fixed bug where software categories did not check to see if they had licenses in them before deleting
- Fixed #5742 – create_function() is deprecated
- Fixed bug in branding image upload size text
- Small UI fixes
- Misc Docker improvements/fixes
- Documentation for Auditing via the API
For general upgrading instructions, click here. Users who installed Snipe-IT via Git (recommended) can just run
For a full list of changes, see the changelog.
Users running MariaDB 10.2.7 and later may have an issue upgrading or installing, due to a change in the way MariaDB stores null defaults. This issue will be fixed once the open pull request in the Doctrine repo is merged and a new version of Doctrine is released with these fixes. You can read more about that issue here.
After completing the upgrade process below, be sure to clear your browser cookies.
Upgrading from v3
Please see the upgrade instructions here.